Saturday, April 28, 2018

Fun with Purple Basil

So my naughty basil has decided to flower on me, which is actually my fault for not keeping up with pruning. It’s been growing like crazy, and I live on an upper floor so it reaches over the balcony for every inch of sunlight it can get and I didn’t see how much was out there! So I cut a few of the flower stems, pulled off the leaves and put the flower cuttings in the bathroom because they are so pretty, and now I have a handful of leaves. I’m 100% going to make basil simple syrup (great for lemonade!). I'm also going to make a basil room spray!


 Basil leaves and flowers

 Found a pretty bottle to use for the flowers

I think they look nice here!

Annnd some of my baby basils planted a couple weeks ago πŸ’œπŸŒ±πŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment